Wheatgrass was found 5,000 years ago from Egypt and specifically from the civilizations of Mesopotamian. A Western scientist named Charles F.Schnabel first used it in his experiment to know about plants, during the 1930’s. His experiment was successful after which, within the next ten years, he managed to market powder of plants in canned form in Canadian and USA’s drugstores. Wheatgrass comprises of natural chemicals, and it is, therefore, has a higher content of antioxidants and also possess anti-inflammatory characteristics. For this reason, it is a common believe that it can aid to treat many diseases as well as destruct infections caused by bacteria.
Wheatgrass contains 70% chlorophyll, which basically has minerals like Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, some Amino acids and some Vitamins like Vitamin A, E, and C.
Commonly, it is easily available on the market. But, for convenience, you can also grow it within your home. Its roots and other parts found above the ground have been used to make medicines whereas its grass can be added to many beverages or food items to acquire nutrients like minerals and vitamins.
In addition, it is also available in form of sprays, tablets, lotions, gels, supplemental capsule, etc.
The Healing power of Wheatgrass
It has enzymes and chlorophyll, which are considered to be healthy for a human. This wonderful plant is used to heal various disorders which make it remarkably multi-talented and famous. It has the ability to deal with the many different systems of the body and improves various bodily functions that promote good health. The following can be some of its benefits for the body:
- It promotes the formation of hemoglobin, which is responsible for the transport of oxygen via the blood.
- It aids in the condition like diabetes.
- It speeds up the healing of the wound.
- It protects from infections caused by bacteria.
- It protects from tooth loss.
- Aids in the removal of poisonous substances found in the liver and blood which may cause cancer. For example, drugs or other heavy metals.
- Cleanses the different bodily systems, due to which, we feel healthy and fit.
- This plant is, too, helpful to treat infections of the respiratory system and the urinary tract as well. Such problems include benign prostatic hypertrophy (BHP) and kidney stones etc.
- It is used to improve the condition like a cough, cold, bronchitis and other infections of the respiratory tract.
Juice of wheatgrass:
Wheatgrass can be used in the form of juice to cure your problems. It is easily available at your nearest drug stores and even at our nearest juice bars that claim to sell all natural juices. You can drink it as it is or add it to some other fruit/vegetable to enhance the flavor.
Naturally, it has a bitter taste, so, everyone may not like the taste. In this case, drinking it in smaller amount is a good solution to avoid any bad experience. As a whole, consuming this wonderful plant, provided as one of the best gifts from nature is a good way to deal with your various bodily problems.